Broadway Equipment Has Ready Mix Cement For All Your Summer Projects
Summer is a good time to finish some outdoor projects because the days are longer and the weather accommodating. Broadway Rental has everything available for all sorts of jobs, including ready mix cement and cement mixers. Whether laying a slab for a driveway, patio, or kennel, it’s a good idea to use fresh cement. Even on small projects like installing fence or deck posts, fresh cement can be cheaper and easier than using a bag mix by purchasing Ready Mixed Concrete that we make in our plant and you haul yourself (in one of our Dump Trailers). Our Sales Staff are available for assistance and can tell you how to properly prepare for cement, or help you make a reservation to rent some concrete tools or even a cement or mortar mixer you can use to mix your own on site.
- Don’t get caught short when ordering material. Always add 10 percent to compensate for grade variations and spills. Trying to save a little can end up costing you a lot.
- Concrete “cures” chemically over days. To prevent cracking, cover with plastic or damp fabric.
- Additives strengthen, add color and speed or slow cure time. They are available for both premixed bags and ready-mix.
- Concrete usually will require added support for strength—steel rebar, wire mesh, etc. Discuss project needs with a pro.
- Cement is caustic. Wear eye protection and gloves, and wash off skin immediately. Do not breathe dust.
- Concrete strength is measured in PSI (pounds per square inch) indicating the weight it can support or bear.
- Strength is increased by adding more cement in the mix.
- Weekend ready-mix delivery costs 5 percent to 10 percent more.
- If concrete has to be pumped from truck to site, there are additional costs and charges. Rather than ready-mix truck returning-disposing of order overages, plan ahead for additional use: fence posts, flag pole, stepping stones, etc. Why waste it?
- One cubic yard of ready-mix yields nine contractor-size wheelbarrows of concrete.
- Smooth concrete is not always best. Leave top of footings and foundations rough for better bond with mortars. Use a broom to texture walks and steps for safety.
Let Broadway Equipment Rental help!
We sell ¼ to 1-1/4 yard batches of 4.5 sack, 5 sack, and 6 sack concrete to haul in a dump trailer.
- 4.5 bag mix is used for footings or fence posts (3250 PSI)
- 5 bag mix is used for sidewalks or patios (3500 PSI)
- 6 bag mix is used for driveway, aprons, or steps (4,000 PSI)
We allow you to have the trailer for 3-4 hours (if you need it longer or over-night there are additional charges). To tow the trailer you must have a full-size ½ or ¾ ton pickup with a frame hitch and a 2” trailer ball. The tandem axle trailer weighs approximately 1,200 pounds and has a 1-1/4 cubic yard capacity. A trailer FULL of cement weighs approximately 6,200 pounds (1,000 pounds per quarter yard increment plus trailer weight of 1,200 pounds). When towing the trailer your speed can not exceed 45 miles per hours. We usually recommend a maximum15-20 minute drive time and, to avoid highways and bumpy roads, so you have a workable product with a reasonable time to pour, form, and finish at the job site. Any more than a 15-20 minute drive time and the ready mix starts to settle out (even with the air entrainment) and then it will have to be hand/shovel mixed on the job site and if that happens, the integrity of the mix is not as good.
Our cement has “air entrainment” in it to slow the set-drying time from under two hours so that it’s workable to a point. Hot weather and wind can increase the drying time, so it’s important to be aware of those conditions. Make sure to have your site ready to pour BEFORE picking up Ready-Mix Concrete. We also have a wide selection of other tools and equipment you might need for your project available for rent. And please remember to empty and rinse both the trailer and any tools BEFORE the concrete dries – there is a charge for cleaning fees if they’re not returned clean!
Broadway Equipment Rental mixes concrete seasonally. We start after the ground thaws in the spring until fall – call to verify availability. For all your summer outdoor projects, Broadway has the equipment you need. Call us today for an estimate!